Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Poetry Slam 09/29/09

We had a HUGE night this week, so I'd like to extend my gratitude towards everyone who made it out. The cafe' was packed to the brim, and I think we may have inadvertently cost a couple earnest patrons the ability to sit and enjoy their meal. Hopefully the sheer brilliance of everyone who read last night was a good enough parting gift.

Also, a ton of new readers last night; which, is always good to see. Hopefully they will return to us.

Another minor note of business: I did intend to talk about the anthology last night, but with so many readers--it was hard to find a chance. So, I'll just write a bit about it.

We need staff members. I've got a lot of other business, but I consider the Anthology extremely important. As most of you know, the book's proceeds will be donated to OPEN BOOKS because we love them. Though, this means any funds we allocate from the book can't go towards to production cost.

So, what does that mean? NPS is going to do what high school bands do and FUND RAISE.
I'm not sure how, yet. Maybe we can find a really rich person to help us, but it seems unlikely.

For every person who takes a staff position, you take that much work off of my shoulders and anyone else who joins up. Also, aside from getting credited in the book, you'll receive a free copy and free reign over your pages.

So, here are some job available:

1) Photograph Collector - Make sure we have photos of everyone who will be in the book

2) Designer - Will be in charge of making sure the contributor's desired format is reflected

3) Fund Raising Organizer - Helping me come up with ideas, organize what we need, and putting these ideas into action.

4) X - Staff Member

5) X - Staff Member

I want five main staff members to help me out with this. The last two are really just everymen(or women) to help anyone, or come up with their own jobs.

So, if you'd like to help us out, comment and say what position you'd like.



Thanks so much, and don't forget to POST WHAT YOU READ LAST NIGHT,

Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment